Sunday 11 September 2022

YOLO: Crystal Fantasy is a great show with great ideas

I owe a lot to the adult swim show YOLO: Crystal Fantasy. At least in terms of my recent roleplaying hijinks. The name this blog was inspired by the show.

 

the bush wombat shaman

It is a surreal trip through a whimsical and magical world that is full of Australian references and mannerisms that I just adore. I'm sure it was a combination of the wombats on the family farm and this show that made me embrace the a very whimsy outback style adventure for my b/x games. 

 YOLO: Crystal Fantasy really inspired me to just lean right in to the surreal and whimsy. Also riffing in the OSR discord has led to the creation of creatures such as the Cosmic Dingo and Liminal Wombats. So far the Cosmic Dingo is the only creature I have fleshed out. 

bindi people
The Bindi People and bush wizards are also something I am going to incorporate in to my games.

No comments:

Post a Comment